Home of the Trumbull, CT EFCA Bible Quiz Team.

The Trumbull Bible Quiz Team has ended. Thank you for 30 years of happy Bible Quizzing.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Promise Keepers going strong after 15 years!

I still remember when Promise Keepers was a new ministry - whispered about by evangelicals and worried about by feminist organizations because of its men-centric approach. But the ministry turns 15 years old this year, and it is still ministering to men across the country and reminding them of their special call from God. I went a couple of years ago, and while it was not life-changing for me - it was definitely challenging mentally, physically, and spiritually.
[As a 16-year-old], I was interested in coming to a Christian Convention, especially one that was fully for men. I could see God touching the lives of the men that went up to get saved, and I could see some of his miracles through several of the presentations, especially the video about Angola State Prison. I felt a calling to listen to God more and to have more of Him in my life. I resolved to try to have even more of the ideal Christian lifestyle which in my opinion would have more Bible reading and evangelism. It was awesome to be in the presence of so many men that were believers. I have never experienced anything quite like singing with over 11,000 other believers.
Adam
Springfield, VA
I would encourage the male quizzers on our team to approach their dads about possibly going together to an event this year or next year. We men forget that while God calls us to a life of freedom and equality, he has made each of the sexes different. And the needs that men have are often different from those that woman have, and the challenges that we face are often different. PK is an important organization as it reminds us of these important facts.