Home of the Trumbull, CT EFCA Bible Quiz Team.

The Trumbull Bible Quiz Team has ended. Thank you for 30 years of happy Bible Quizzing.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Reference Questions for John 13

Remember, the full list of Reference Questions can always be found in the sidebar or at this link.

Question: According to John 13:1, Jesus knew what?
Answer: (It was just before the Passover Feast.) Jesus knew that the time had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father.

Question: According to John 13:3, Jesus knew what?
Answer: Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God;

Question: According to John 13:11, he knew what?
Answer: He knew who was going to betray him, (and that was why he said not every one was clean.) (he/Jesus)

Question: According to John 13:16, I tell you what truth?
Answer: (I tell you the truth,) no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.

Question: According to John 13:18, this is to fulfill what?
Answer: (This is to fulfill) the scripture: 'He who shares my bread has lifted up his heel against me.'

Question: According to John 13:18, I know whom?
Answer: I know those I have chosen.

Question: According to John 13:20, I tell you what truth?
Answer: (I tell you the truth,) whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me."

Question: According to John 13:21, I tell you what truth?
Answer: (After he had said this, Jesus was troubled in spirit and testified,) "I tell you the truth, one of you is going to betray me."

Question: According to John 13:31, now is what?
Answer: (When he - Judas was gone, Jesus said,) "Now is the Son of Man glorified and God is glorified in him."

Question: According to John 13:33, I tell you what?
Answer: (My children, I will be with you only a little longer.) You will look for me, and just as I told the Jews, so I tell you now: Where I am going, you cannot come.

Question: According to John 13:34, I give you what?
Answer: A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Question: According to John 13:35, love one another why?
Answer: By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

Question: According to John 13:36, where I am going, you what?
Answer: (Simon Peter asked him, "Lord, where are you going?" Jesus replied,) "Where I am going, you cannot follow now, but you will follow later."

Question: According to John 13:38, I tell you what truth?
Answer: (Then Jesus answered, "Will you really lay down your life for me? I tell you the truth,) before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times!