Home of the Trumbull, CT EFCA Bible Quiz Team.

The Trumbull Bible Quiz Team has ended. Thank you for 30 years of happy Bible Quizzing.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Reference Questions for John 12

Remember, the full list of Reference Questions can always be found in the sidebar or at this link.

Question: According to John 12:14-15, what is written?
Answer: Jesus found a young donkey and sat upon it, as it is written, "Do not be afraid, O Daughter of Zion; see, your king is coming, seated on a donkey's colt."

Question: According to John 12:23, what has come?
Answer: (Jesus replied,) "The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified."

Question: According to John 12:24, I tell you what truth?
Answer: (I tell you the truth,) unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.

Question: According to John 12:26, who must follow me?
Answer: Whoever serves me must follow me;

Question: According to John 12:26, my Father will what?
Answer: My Father will honor the one who serves me.

Question: According to John 12:31, now is what?
Answer: Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.

Question: According to John 12:34, the Christ will what?
Answer: (The crowd spoke up,) "We have heard from the Law that the Christ will remain forever, (so how can you say, 'The Son of Man must be lifted up'? Who is this 'Son of Man'?")

Question: According to John 12:38, this was to fulfill what?
Answer: This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet: "Lord, who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?"

Question: According to John 12:42, who believed in him?
Answer: Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him. (But because of the Pharisees they would not confess their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue;

Question: According to John 12:46, I have come into this world why?
Answer: (I have come into the world) as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.