Home of the Trumbull, CT EFCA Bible Quiz Team.

The Trumbull Bible Quiz Team has ended. Thank you for 30 years of happy Bible Quizzing.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Reference Questions for John 16

Remember, the full list of Reference Questions can always be found in the sidebar or at this link.

Question: According to John 16:2, a time is coming when WHAT?
Answer: (A time is coming) when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God.

Question: According to John 16:4, I have told you this why?
Answer: (I have told you this,) so that when the time comes you will remember that I warned you.

Question: According to John 16:7, I tell you what truth?
Answer: (But I tell you the truth:) It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.

Question: According to John 16:8, when he comes, he will WHAT?
Answer: (When he comes,) he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: (he/the Counselor)

Question: According to John 16:15, what is mine?
Answer: All that belongs to the Father is mine. (That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.)

Question: According to John 16:20, I tell you what truth?
Answer: I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy.

Question: According to John 16:22, now is what?
Answer: Now is your time of grief, (but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.)

Question: According to John 16:23, I tell you what truth?
Answer: (I tell you the truth,) my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

Question: According to John 16:25, a time is coming when WHAT?
Answer: Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.

Question: According to John 16:28, now I am what?
Answer: (I came from the Father and entered the world;) now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father.

Question: According to John 16:32, a time is coming when what?
Answer: (A time is coming, and has come,) when you will be scattered, each to his own home. You will leave me all alone.

Question: According to John 16:32, I am not alone why?
Answer: (Yet I am not alone,) for my Father is with me.