Home of the Trumbull, CT EFCA Bible Quiz Team.

The Trumbull Bible Quiz Team has ended. Thank you for 30 years of happy Bible Quizzing.

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Reference Questions for John 15

Remember, the full list of Reference Questions can always be found in the sidebar or at this link.

Question: According to John 15:1, my Father is what?
Answer: (I am the true vine, and) my Father is the gardener.

Question: According to John 15:1, I am the what?
Answer: I am the true vine, (and my Father is the gardener.)

Question: According to John 15:4, why remain in me?
Answer: Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

Question: According to John 15:5, I am the what?
Answer: I am the vine; (you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.)

Question: According to John 15:6, why remain in me?
Answer: If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.

Question: According to John 15:7, why remain in me?
Answer: If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.

Question: According to John 15:11, I have told you this why?
Answer: (I have told you this) so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

Question: According to John 15:16, you did not what?
Answer: You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last.

Question: According to John 15:22, they would not be guilty of sin if what?
Answer: If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. (Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin.)

Question: According to John 15:24, they would not be guilty of sin if what?
Answer: If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. (But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father.)

Question: According to John 15:25, this is to fulfill what?
Answer: (This is to fulfill) what is written in their Law: 'They hated me without reason.'

Question: According to John 15:26, who is the Counselor?
Answer: The Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father

Question: According to John 15:26, the Counselor will what?
Answer: When the Counselor comes, (whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father,) he will testify about me.