Home of the Trumbull, CT EFCA Bible Quiz Team.

The Trumbull Bible Quiz Team has ended. Thank you for 30 years of happy Bible Quizzing.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Reference Questions for John 5

Remember, the full list of Reference Questions can always be found in the sidebar or at this link.

Question: According to John 5:9, what was a Sabbath?
Answer: At once the man (an invalid for 38 years) was cured; he picked up his mat and walked. The day on which this took place was a Sabbath

Question: According to John 5:14, stop what?
Answer: Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.

Question: According to John 5:17, my Father is what?
Answer: (Jesus said to them,) "My Father is always at his work to this very day, (and I, too, am working.)"

Question: According to John 5:19, I tell you what truth?
Answer: (Jesus gave them this answer:) "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

Question: According to John 5:20, the Father loves the Son and what?
Answer: For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, to your amazement he will show him even greater things than these.

Question: According to John 5:24, I tell you what truth?
Answer: (I tell you the truth,) whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

Question: According to John 5:24, who has eternal life?
Answer: (I tell you the truth,) whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life (and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.)

Question: According to John 5:25, I tell you what truth?
Answer: (I tell you the truth,) a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.

Question: According to John 5:26, the Father has what?
Answer: For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself.

Question: According to John 5:28-29, a time is coming when WHAT?
Answer: (A time is coming when) all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out--those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned.

Question: According to John 5:35, John was what?
Answer: John was a lamp that burned and gave light, (and you chose for a time to enjoy his light.)