Home of the Trumbull, CT EFCA Bible Quiz Team.

The Trumbull Bible Quiz Team has ended. Thank you for 30 years of happy Bible Quizzing.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Reference Questions for John 8:1-30

Remember, the full list of Reference Questions can always be found in the sidebar or at this link.

Question: According to John 8:1, Jesus went where?
Answer: Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.

Question: According to John 8:2, Jesus sat down where?
Answer: (At dawn) he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. (he/Jesus)

Question: According to John 8:12, I am the what?
Answer: (When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said,) "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Question: According to John 8:14, what is valid?
Answer: (Jesus answered,) "Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going."

Question: According to John 8:16, I am not alone why?
Answer: I stand with the Father, who sent me.

Question: According to John 8:17, what is written?
Answer: (In your own Law) it is written that the testimony of two men is valid.

Question: According to John 8:23, I am not what?
Answer: (But he (he/Jesus) continued, "You are from below; I am from above.) You are of this world; I am not of this world.

Question: According to John 8:24, I told you what?
Answer: I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins. (I/Jesus)

Question: According to John 8:26, he who sent me is what?
Answer: He who sent me is reliable, (and what I have heard from him I tell the world.)

Question: According to John 8:27, they did not understand what?
Answer: They did not understand that he was telling them about his Father. (he-Jesus)

Question: According to John 8:28, you will know what?
Answer: (Jesus said,) "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know *that I am the one I claim to be and *that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.