Home of the Trumbull, CT EFCA Bible Quiz Team.

The Trumbull Bible Quiz Team has ended. Thank you for 30 years of happy Bible Quizzing.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Bible knowledge is key to Outreach

Very often courses on Witnessing and Evangelism focus on learning communication techniques. However, the kind of Bible knowledge is also key to being effective in sharing your faith.
In the weeks preceding that visit, Veral had been considering attending church with his wife. But he said he had a prerequisite for that: "If I'm going to start going to church, I'm going to pray to God to have me connect with someone at church who has a real good knowledge of the Scriptures." Harper was that someone.

Harper was in the midst of explaining some Scriptures to the Neuschaefers when Veral realized God answered the prayer.

"I remember thinking, 'Chad is who I've been praying for -- someone with knowledge of the Bible to befriend me and try to get me encouraged to go to church," Veral said.

"When I realized this, my whole life started spinning around. This means that God really answers prayers, which I never believed before."
Quizzing can be a way for you to learn scripture, and be an answer to prayer yourself, one day.