Home of the Trumbull, CT EFCA Bible Quiz Team.

The Trumbull Bible Quiz Team has ended. Thank you for 30 years of happy Bible Quizzing.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Former Quizzer Makes the Huntington Herald

Former Quizzer and former Quizzing Mom, Kim Bensen, has made the Huntington Herald regarding a new product she is selling.
Kim's Light Bagels are pro-duced in the former Lender's Bagels building in West Haven, the site of the first bagel factory in the United States in 1927, ac-cording to Benson. "I'm proud that it's in Connecticut," Ben-son said of where her bagels are baked.
Benson counts points, based on calories, as part of her Weight Watchers diet, and it was her personal struggle with weight loss that sparked the idea of starting Kim's Light Bagels.
"I love bagels, but I don't want to spend a quarter of my daily calories on it," Benson said. "I wanted a bagel that was only 100 to 110 calories. I worked with a baker on it and tried different bagel recipes. There's no other bagel on the market that's one point; even the Weight Watchers bagels are two points."
I know Kim mentions how much God helped her in every interview, and how her faith drove her to success in weight loss as well.