Home of the Trumbull, CT EFCA Bible Quiz Team.

The Trumbull Bible Quiz Team has ended. Thank you for 30 years of happy Bible Quizzing.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Toby Mac in local Allentown PA paper

The Morning Call - a local Allentown paper - has up a nice article on Toby Mac, the main draw of the Fallout 2005 concert.
''I think people get turned off immediately by the word 'rap,' by the words 'hip-hop,' '' says tobyMac, 40.
''But I think that's just a part of the journey that different people are on. I mean, I think people begin to realize that you can glorify God, you can talk about anything you want, in any style of music. I don't think you can limit what kind of music God can breathe through, and what kind of music we can worship him with.
''I think it's a matter of the heart of the artist as you're creating. I think if you love that music, you could pull that music out of associating yourself with a gang. I think if you love rock music, you can pull that music out without associating yourself with 'sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll.'
Toby seems to be a good spokesman for the Christian message and for getting outsiders to accept Christian rock. And, from what I hear from the weekend, he is a genuinely nice guy. (Even when a certain unnamed quiz teamer interrupts the middle of a basketball game to get a picture.)