Home of the Trumbull, CT EFCA Bible Quiz Team.

The Trumbull Bible Quiz Team has ended. Thank you for 30 years of happy Bible Quizzing.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Reference Questions for Philippians 1

Q: According to Philippians 1:1, Paul and Timothy, to whom?
A: To all the saints in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons
R: Philippians 1:1 (C/R Col 1:1-2, Phlm 1-2)

Q: According to Philippians 1:3, I thank my God when?
A: Every time I remember you.
R: Philippians 1:3 (C/R Phlm 4)

Q: According to Philippians 1:4, I always do what?
A: In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy
R: Philippians 1:4 (C/R Phlm 4)

Q: According to Philippians 1:7, what is right?
A: It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart
R: Philippians 1:7 (C/R Eph 6:1)


Q: According to Philippians 1:12, I want you to know what?
A: That what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel.
R: Philippians 1:12 (C/R see Gal 1:11-12)

Q: According to Philippians 1:13, I am in chains why?
A: I am in chains for Christ.
R: Philippians 1:13 (C/R Col 4:3, Phlm 13)

Q: According to Philippians 1:18, I rejoice why?
A: Because of this (this -- the important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached)
R: Philippians 1:18 (C/R Phil 4:10, Col 1:24)

Q: According to Philippians 1:19, I know what?
A: I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance.
R: Philippians 1:19 (C/R Phil 1:25-26, Phil 4:12)

Q: According to Philippians 1:25-26, I know what?
A: I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me.
R: Philippians 1:25-26 (C/R see Phil 1:19)

Q: According to Philippians 1:27-28, stand firm how?
A: In one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you.
R: Philippians 1:27-28 (C/R see Gal 5:1)