Home of the Trumbull, CT EFCA Bible Quiz Team.

The Trumbull Bible Quiz Team has ended. Thank you for 30 years of happy Bible Quizzing.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Ultimate Christian Wrestling?

I am not fan of wrestling, though I know some members of our team have a secret love for body-slams and headlocks. I am wondering what those same folks would think about this.
Ultimate Christian Wrestling, the ministry he founded in 2003, tours churches and venues around the South, in what is - even by the Bible Belt's standards - an unorthodox drive to win converts.
Its matches feature traditional pro-wrestling moves such as headlocks and body slams, coupled with themes and stories from the Bible. Its mission is to "minister the Gospel of Christ to the Lost and to see lost souls saved"..."We have given away cars as an outreach initiative. We have given away 10,000lb of groceries from a truck in our parking lot. But the wrestling has added more people to our congregation than any of these projects. It gets the largest crowds, and it keeps them still for long enough to share."
I am really torn about this. On the one hand, I think it tends to fail the "What would Jesus do?" test. On the other hand, Paul did say, "I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some." (1 Corinthians 19:22) What do you think?